There are several things you can try to lessen the effect of frosting:
- Try mixing your melted wax less vigorously.
- Preheat glassware in a warm oven to a maximum of 100°F.
- Pour your wax at a lower temperature to help reduce the crystal formation.
- Try making non-colored soy candles, adding color makes the frosting more noticeable.
- Add 1/2% (or 1/8 tsp. per pound) of UV Inhibitor to help protect the wax from the frosting effects light has on it.
- Cool at room temperature and keep out of drafts.
- Elevate the candles on a wire cooling rack so the counter or tabletop doesn't pull the heat out the bottom of the container and cause the wax to cool too fast.
For additional help, check out our Troubleshooting Guide!