There are several things you can try to lessen the effect of frosting:
- Try mixing your melted wax less vigorously.
- Preheat glassware in a warm oven to a maximum of 100 degrees.
- Pour your wax at a lower temperature to help reduce the crystal formation.
- Try making non-colored soy candles, adding color makes frosting more noticeable.
- Add 1/2 percent (or 1/8 tsp. per pound) of UV Inhibitor to help protect the wax from the frosting effects of light.
- Cool at room temperature and keep out of drafts.
- Elevate the candles on a wire cooling rack so the counter or table top doesn't pull the heat out of the bottom of the container and cause the wax to cool too fast.
< Return to CandleScience.com