It's hard to tell what color your candle will be while the melted wax is in your pouring pitcher. We recommend making a small wax sample to be sure it is the color you want.
To do this:
1. Melt one pound of wax.
2. When the wax reaches 185 degrees, add the least amount of color recommended on the package and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour a small amount of colored wax into a wax lined paper cup (like a Dixie cup) or a tart mold if you have one.
4. Place in the refrigerator and observe the color when cooled.
5. Adjust the color by adding more dye to the pouring pot until you get the desired results.
6. You can pour the test samples back into the pot by tearing away the paper on the cup or putting the tart mold in the freezer for easy removal.
< Return to CandleScience.com