GB 464 soy wax is designed for container candles only. We do not recommend it for pillars or votives. You may decide to use the GB 464 for wax melts, however, be sure to test first to see what you think as it can be a bit crumbly so you may find a soy pillar blend preferable for melts.
When working with the GB 464 soy wax we recommend using the following guidelines for best results.
- Wicks: The recommended wicks are the CD or ECO series. See the wick guide for a starting point
- Fragrance: Suggested usage is 6-10%. Be sure to not use more than 10% fragrance as it can cause safety issues
- Color: If you are using a dye you can add the color to the wax when you add the fragrance at 185°F
- Heat the wax to 185°F to add your fragrance
- Remove from heat and stir gently for 2 minutes
- Allow the wax to cool to 135°F and then pour into your containers
- Allow the candles to cool completely and then trim the wicks
- Place lids on the candles (if you are using them) and allow the candles to cure for 1-2 weeks before burning them in order to achieve the strongest hot throw
- You can conduct wick testing within 24 hours of making the candles
TROUBLESHOOTING GB 464: