GB 415 soy wax is designed for container candles only. We do not recommend it for pillars, votives, or wax melts. Due to the GB 415 being a pure soybean oil wax that contains no other soy-based additives, it can be quite finicky to work with on its own and prone to frosting and other surface issues. For this reason, we generally recommend using this wax as a blender if you are creating your own custom wax parasoy wax.
However, if you do decide to use the GB 415 on its own we recommend using the following guidelines for best results.
- Wicks: The recommended wicks are the CD or ECO series. See the wick guide for a starting point
- Fragrance: Suggested usage is 6-10%. Be sure to not use more than 10% fragrance as it can cause safety issues
- Color: If you are using a dye you can add the color to the wax when you add the fragrance at 185°F
- Heat the wax to 185°F to add your fragrance
- Remove from heat and stir gently for 2 minutes
- Allow the wax to cool to 95°F and then pour into your containers
- If you pour too hot, you will most likely have surface issues
- Allow the candles to cool completely and then trim the wicks
- Place lids on the candles (if you are using them) and allow the candles to cure for 1-2 weeks before burning them in order to achieve the strongest hot throw
- You can conduct wick testing within 24 hours of making the candles
TROUBLESHOOTING GB 415: