Melt And Tart Soy wax is designed ONLY for wax melts and tarts. This wax was not formulated to be used with a wick so do not use it for container candles, pillars, or votives. This wax comes in flake form so it is easy to measure out on a scale.
When working with Melt And Tart Soy wax we recommend using the following guidelines for best results.
- Fragrance: Suggested usage is 6-12%. Be sure to not use more than 12% fragrance as it can cause the fragrance to leach out of the wax
- Color: If you are using a dye you can add the color to the wax when you add the fragrance at 185°F
- Heat the wax to 185°F to add your fragrance
- Remove from heat and stir gently for 2 minutes
- Allow the wax to cool to 160°F and then pour into your molds or clamshells
- Allow the tarts wax melts to cool completely
- Allow the tarts wax melts to cure for 3-5 days before using them in order to achieve the strongest hot throw