IGI 6006 is a paraffin/soy blend wax designed for container candles. We do not recommend it for pillars or votives, but you may use it for wax melts if you would like. This wax comes in slab form so you will need to cut or break it into smaller pieces to work with it. A sharp knife or a wavy soap cutter works very well for cutting it.
When working with IGI 6006 we recommend using the following guidelines for best results.
- Wicks: The recommended wicks are the ECO series. See the Wick Guide for a starting point.
- Fragrance: Suggested usage is 6-10%. Be sure to not use more than 10% fragrance as it can cause safety issues.
- Color: If you are using a dye you can add the color to the wax when you add the fragrance at 185°F.
- Heat the wax to 185°F to add your fragrance.
- Remove from the heat and stir gently for 2 minutes.
- Allow the wax to cool to 170°F and then pour into your containers.
- Allow the candles to cool completely and then trim the wicks.
- Place lids on the candles (if you are using them) and allow the candles to cure for 3-5 days before burning them in order to achieve the strongest hot throw.
- You may conduct wick testing within 24 hours of making the candles.
< Return to CandleScience.com