IGI 4627 Comfort Blend is a paraffin wax designed specifically for container candles. We do not recommend it for pillars, votives, or wax melts. This wax comes in a soft block and is available in 25 lb or 50 lb cases. It is extremely soft and can be messy so we recommend wearing gloves when working with it. A flat ice cream scoop works really well to scoop it out for measuring!
When working with IGI 4627 we recommend using the following guidelines for best results.
- Wicks: The recommended wicks are the LX series. See the Wick Guide for a starting point based on the dimensions of your container!
- Fragrance: Suggested usage is 6-12%. Be sure to not use more than 12% fragrance as it can cause safety issues
- Color: If you are using a dye you can add the color to the wax when you add the fragrance at 185°F
- Heat the wax to 190°F to add your fragrance
- Remove from heat and stir gently for 2 minutes
- Allow the wax to cool to 180°F and then pour into your containers
- Allow the candles to cool completely before trimming the wicks
- Place lids on the candles (if you are using them) and allow the candles to cure for 3-5 days before burning them in order to achieve the strongest hot throw
- You can conduct wick testing within 24 hours of making the candles but if testing for fragrance throw be sure to cure for 3-5 days before assessing the hot throw.