IGI 4630 Harmony Blend is a paraffin wax designed specifically for container candles. We do not recommend it for pillars, votives, or wax melts. This wax comes in slab form so we recommend cutting or breaking it into smaller pieces to work with it. A sharp knife or a wavy soap cutter works really well for cutting it into manageable pieces.
When working with IGI 4630 we recommend using the following guidelines for best results.
Wicks: The recommended wicks are the LX series. See the Wick Guide for a starting point based on the dimensions of your container!
- Fragrance: Suggested usage is 6-10%. Be sure to not use more than 10% fragrance as it can cause safety issues.
Color: If you are using a dye you can add the color to the wax when you add the fragrance at 185°F.
- Heat the wax to 185°F to add your fragrance.
- Remove from heat and stir gently for 2 minutes.
- Allow the wax to cool to 170°F and then pour into your containers.
- Allow the candles to cool completely before trimming the wicks.
- If you’re using lids for your candles, (if you are using them) place the lids on the candles and allow them to cure for 3-5 days before burning in order to achieve the strongest hot throw.
You can conduct wick testing within 24 hours of making the candles, but if testing for fragrance throw be sure to cure before assessing the hot throw.